The California Association for Play Therapy Los Angeles Chapter Presents:
Presented by Leslie Baker, MFT, NCC, RPT-S & Jessica Stone, PhD, RPT-S
Earn 6 Non-Contact CEs
July 31, 2021 – 9:00am-4:30pm PST
Therapeutic Extended Reality-Virtual Reality & more: Ethics and Application in Play Therapy
Workshop Description Extended Reality (XR), which includes Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), and Mixed Reality (MR), are newer tools being applied in Play Therapy. This workshop will introduce clinicians to these powerful, immersive tools and assist with the process of determining the fit of XR in their play therapy practices. This course will review the ethics of utilizing XR, the application of XR through the play therapy theory lens, and the direct application of play therapy.
- Describe and apply 1 method or more to introduce a client and/or family using Virtual Realty with the head mounted display in Play Therapy.
- Define and describe the difference between Extended Reality (XR), Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR) or Mixed Reality (MR) as new applications applied in play therapy.
- List and explain 2 or more risks and/or limitations of Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), or Mixed Reality (MR) in Play Therapy.
- List and explain 2 or more APA ethical codes that can be applied to use of Extended Reality (XR) in Play Therapy to provide safe and ethical treatment for youth and families in Play Therapy.
- List and describe 2 or more play therapy treatment goals from The Therapeutic Powers of Play: 20 Core Agents of Change (Schaefer, C & Drewes, A., 2014) a play therapist could integrate into their treatment plan using VR as a tool in Play Therapy.
- Describe and apply one way to apply an Augmented Reality tool you learned in the workshop to develop connection and enhance connection with a youth on play therapy.
Participants should bring/prepare:
- Google Cardboard,2 Pack Virtual Real Store 3D VR Headsets DIY Virtual Reality Box Glasses with Clear Optical Lens and Comfortable Head Strap for All 4-6 Inch Smartphones(Starter DIY, 2 Pack) $7.49
- VR headset if they own one. (not required)
- Cell phone with these apps
- Within (free)
- Space (free)
- Just a line (free)
- Wonderscope – $4.99 Clio’s Cosmic Quest
Continuing Education: This workshop meets the qualifications for 6 hours of non-contact continuing education credit for Psychologists, MFTs & LCSWs and LPCC’s. The California Association for Play Therapy (CALAPT) is approved by the Association for Play Therapy to offer continuing education specific to play therapy (APT Approved Provider # 00-094). Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 6 NON-CONTACT CE Hours. The California Association for Play Therapy is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Psychologists may receive 6 hours of continuing education credit for this workshop. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) now recognizes APA continuing education credit for license renewal for LCSWs, MFTs and LPCCs. The California Association for Play Therapy maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. NO CREDIT FOR PARTIAL ATTENDANCE.
Who Should Attend: Social Workers, Marriage, Family & Child Therapists, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors, School Counselors, Psychologists, Students, and Interns.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Cancellations & Refunds: Requests for refunds must be made in writing by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be made at least two weeks prior to the training to receive a refund. There is a $25.00 administrative fee for refunds. There are no refunds for cancellations after the deadline, however, registration may be transferred to another individual. There are no price breaks for partial attendance.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by presenters at the CALAPT events do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the CALAPT Board of Directors or its membership. CALAPT reserves the right to make changes to the conference schedule, speakers and presentation, if this becomes necessary.
If you have a disability and need accommodations per ADA/504, please provide notification 2 weeks prior to the workshop date.
Contact us at email@example.com with any event or registration related questions or to request more detailed learning objectives. Hope to see you at the event!