California Association for Play Therapy, Central Valley Chapter Is Proud to Bring You a Live Online 6.0 Workshop:
Expressive Modality in Play Therapy with Children and Adolescents:
A Gestalt Therapy Approach
Presented by Stephanie Pawlowicz, LMFT, RPT
Date: Friday, 11/20/20, LIVE via ZoomExpressive Modality in Play Therapy with Children and Adolescents: A Gestalt Therapy ApproachPresenter: Stephanie Pawlowicz, LMFT, RPTCost: (Register before 10/30/20 for a special discount!)-APT Members: (Use code APTMEM) $99 ($89 before 10/30)-Non-Members: $119 ($109 before 10/30)Earn 6 Contact CE credits (Space is limited- Register Early!)
Workshop Description:This workshop is designed to present the theory and practice of working from the approach of Gestalt Play Therapy developed by Violet Oaklander, Ph.D. The day will include a visual presentation, demonstration, and supervised experiential practice along with discussion on clinical applications with various needs of children and adolescents in play therapy.
About the Presenter
Stephanie Pawlowicz is an RPT and a Certified Gestalt Therapist with Children and Adolescents. She is in private practice in Santa Barbara and a core faculty member with the West Coast Institute and adjunct faculty at Pacifica Graduate Institute and Antioch University.
Learning Objectives: As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify at least one similarity and one difference between the perspective of Gestalt SandTray work and other approaches in play therapy.
- List materials that are appropriate to provide for a child/adolescent to provide the opportunity for a full scope of expression in creating SandTray images.
- Identify practical ways to support a child/adolescent in beginning and developing a sand tray image.
- Apply concepts of contact functions and contact in interactive Gestalt Play Therapy to understanding the process of Gestalt SandTray work.
- Utilize the five-step phenomenological process when working with SandTray in Gestalt Play Therapy.
- Lead a child/adolescent through the phenomenological process in play therapy to develop a stronger sense of self and self-support.
- 8:30-8:55 Login to Online Workshop
- 9:00-10:30 Gestalt Play Theory overview and the projective process
- 10:30-10:45 Break
- 10:45-12:00 Brief history of Sand Play and Sand Tray and how sand tray supports building a sense of self
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00- 2:15 Demonstration and practicum
- 2:15-2:30 Break
- 2:30-4:30 practicum, discussion, Q&AContinuing EducationThis workshop meets the qualifications for 6 hours of Live contact continuing education credit per day for Psychologists, MFTs & LCSWs and LPCC’s. Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 6 CONTACT CE hours. The California Association for Play Therapy (CALAPT) is approved by APT to offer continuing education specific to play therapy (provider # 00-094). The California Association for Play Therapy is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Psychologists may receive 6 hours of continuing education credit for this workshop. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) now recognizes APA continuing education credit for license renewal for LCSWs, MFTs and LPCCs. The California Association for Play Therapy maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. NO CREDIT FOR PARTIAL ATTENDANCE.Who Should Attend: Social Workers, Marriage, Family & Child Therapists, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors, School Counselors, Psychologists, Students, and Interns.Instructional Level: IntroductoryCancellations & RefundsRequests for refunds must be made in writing by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be made at least two weeks prior to the training to receive a refund. There is a $25.00 administrative fee for refunds. There are no refunds for cancellations after the deadline, however, registration may be transferred to another individual. There are no price breaks for partial attendance.DisclaimerThe opinions expressed by presenters at CALAPT events do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the CALAPT Board of Directors or its membership. CALAPT reserves the right to make changes to the conference schedule, speakers and presentation, if this becomes necessary.If you have a disability and need accommodations per ADA/504, please provide notification 2 weeks prior to the workshop date.Contact us at email@example.com with any event or registration related questions. Hope to see you at the event!